Monday, February 9, 2015

I'm finally getting my feet wet as they say and into blogging I go. I hope my followers will be comfortable discussing books they've read, sharing interesting people they've observed in their daily life, and anything else that can be useful in the world of writing.
  Just eating out in a restaurant or fast food place one can absorb quite a bit of overheard conversation. Some more fascinating than others. Today I took a friend out to lunch at a restaurant in Baxter, MN. Our table was up against a pillar on one side, but the other had a table of older men. If you have men characters in your writing work and are not a man, pay close attention to what they discuss.
 Unfortunately for me my woman companion had a lot to share and didn't leave much time for me to eavesdrop. All I caught was one fellow asking another if he was going to Florida this year and another asking about ice fishing. At least they weren't talking about a Ponzi scheme.
  Maybe I'll be luckier next time.
  Until then,
  This is Marlene Chabot
Have a wonderful day


 

No comments:

Post a Comment